.. Loading ..

Property Settlement

Family and De-facto settlement.
When your relationship ends you need to consider a property settlement. We understand that this is a difficult time and we are here by your side.

Parenting Matters

Everything to do with your kids.
There comes a time when you and your former spouse simply can not agree on anything to do with your child.


Legal end to a marriage.
If you and your former spouse can not see a future together, its time to get divorced. We can explain the process to you.

Property Settlement
If you were married or de facto. Knight Family Lawyers takes the guess work out of the legal system. Talk to us about looking after you property settlement.
Your children are everything. Here at Knight Family Lawyers we understand this and ensure that we provide the best representation for you.
Divorce is a legal way to end a marriage. We at Knight Family Lawyers can make this process easy for you.
Your Family Lawyer

Melbourne Family Lawyer

If you are looking for a Melbourne Family Lawyer, then you have come to the right place. Knight Family Lawyers is a Melbourne Family Lawyer is based in Melbourne, we ave the knowledge, resources and the legal team who can handle all of your family law matters. We take extra care with every matter, and understand that no two matters are the same. We tailor our approach to each client’s unique matter and financial needs, whilst at the same time taking into account our client’s emotional needs.

We use all the resources from negotiation to mediation, and we use ligation as a last resource.


Knight Family Lawyers can assist you, at a fair price in all aspects of family law; including



Property Settlement

Intervention Orders

Your Family Lawyer

Melbourne Family Lawyer – Divorce

“I take you to be my wife/husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part”

If these words no longer mean the same thing they did the day of your wedding, it’s time for you to consider a divorce.

Australia has a no fault divorce system. This means that the Court is not concerned as to why the marriage ended.

How to Get a Divorce

To obtain a divorce all that is required is that;


  • You and your spouse lived separately and apart for a period of at least 12 months; and


  • There is no likelihood of resumption of marriage. and 


  • You or your spouse regard Australia as home or intend to live in Australia; or


  • You or your spouse are an Australian citizen, or


  • You or your spouse have lived in Australian for 12 months prior to filing for divorce.


You can make an application for divorce either by yourself, or together with your spouse. If you have children under the age of 18, the Court will require that the applicant appears to satisfy the Court that there are arrangements in relation to the children before the Court will grant a divorce.

A divorce order will become absolute after 30 days of it being granted. A divorce is the legal end to your marriage, however, it does not by any means resolve matters surrounding parenting or property matters.

Book an Appointment Call Us 03 86869174

Your Family Lawyer

Melbourne Family Lawyer – Parenting Matters

In the future, every separated couple will be able to make and agree to arrangements for their children, however, the future is yet so far away.

When it comes to child related matters, they must be handled in a sensitive but in a timely manner.  We have the necessary skills and the know-how on how to protect your child’s best interests. We understand that frustration that you go through when your are trying to protect your child or trying to get contact with your child.

When it comes to parenting matters, the paramount principal is the children’s best interest. No matter what the situation, we can assist you in your Parenting Orders case. We encourage our client to consider a position where the children’s best interest are protected without involving the Court process.

We work with our client in formulating the agreement into Court made parenting orders, or an informal parenting plan. In the event that matters are not resolved, we are with our client every step of the way whilst the matter is litigated through the Court process.

Here are Knight Family Lawyers, we can assist you with the correct legal advice in relation to your children, including;

  • Child Protection Issues;


  • Court Proceedings;


  • Consent Orders;


  • Abduction and Recovery;


  • Relocation;


  • Special Medical Procedures;


  • Family Violence.

Book an Appointment Call Us 03 86869174

Your Family Lawyer

Melbourne Family Lawyer – Property Settlement

When you and your former partner decide that you are unable to live together, its time to do a property settlement. A property settlement takes many forms from Court Ordered settlement to a Binding Financial Agreement and this is something that we can assist you with.

However, if the two of you can not agree on a settlement, then we are here to assist you and guide you every step of the way. We understand the stress and difficulty that you face when you are decided your property settlement. We have the knowledge and expertise when it comes to Property Settlement and will be with your every step of the way.

Your Family Lawyer

Melbourne Family Lawyer – Grandparents Rights


Your grandchildren have a right to have a meaningful relationship with both sides of the family, that included aunts and uncles, cousins and of course grandparents. If you are being denied an opportunity to spend time with your grandchildren then we can assist.

We understand the stress and difficulty that you face when you are being denied an opportunity to have a meaningful relationship with your grandchildren. We have the knowledge and expertise when it comes to obtaining orders that allow grandparents and the extended family to have a relationship with the child.

Your Family Lawyer

Melbourne Family Lawyer – Child Support

In accordance with the law, parents are legally obligated to provide financial for their children.

Child Support is calculated in accordance with a eight-step formula and is administered by the Department of Human Services – Child Support Agency.

However, parents can agree to opt out of the Child Support Agency assessment  by entering into a Binding Child Support Agreement. A Binding Child Support Agreement that is properly drawn up is binding and enforceable.

A Child Support Agreement does not necessarily have top deal with a cash payment, it can also include matters such as payment of medical expenses and school fees.

Book an Appointment Call Us 03 86869174

HTML code/URL goes here